Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I am SO EXCITED!

Matthew and I have just been over to the house, and it has really come along such a long way - in just a day! I feel so much more excited about it now! Probably helps that I've just finished work for the year too! Yay!


As promised (sorry its taken me a while loyal readers...) here are some more photos. I've gone for a detailed set. Above is a sneak peak of the ensuite off the master bedroom. I'm really pleased with the floor - and I absolutely LOVE the tiling! They look absolutely fantastic!



Here's a close up of the loo in the ensuite - though you can see the lights are still to be installed.

And well - had to show you this! My fantastic wardrobe! As you can see, its absolutely enormous! You may not be able to fully appreciate how big it really is from this picture, but I can assure you, it's big. And it gets better... There's TWO of them!
Because I know you appreciate my sense of detail, here's a close-up of the architraves and scotia. We've gone for a traditional approach, with colonial style architraves, and the style-ly scotia.


And here's the second bathroom - with bath. Only half the glass screen is installed here - hopefully the rest of that goes in tomorrow. Once again, tiles look great!




And I can't believe we haven't put up a picture of the spanky front door before - so here it is! It's a lovely glossy black, with a stonking great door handle. V. cool.
We went over to the house tonight to pick up a light fixture that turned out to be the wrong colour, and the electricians have gone to town! Most of the fixtures are in now - and the electricity has been connected. Its really starting to feel like a home now - and the lights look great. The under-cabinet lights in the kitchen are cool, and the pendant fixture in our bedroom (the one we bought back from Sydney on the plane...) looks absolutely amazing! The entry deck is very nearly complete - so we will actually be able to get in to the house from the footpath - and it looks great.
Can't wait to move in.

8 comments:

  1. I'm very hsppy that we finished the elctrical and all the lights, even the ones out the back for you for christmas:) I do like the LED lights under the kitchen cubboards..i would cos i did them hehe.. anyway guys have a good christmas and heard for you in the new year to do the deck lights.

    Jono

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyd, more photos. MORE MORE!! (ps we just bought a large stainless steel fridge. I can't stop looking at it!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very cool guys! good luck with the move.

    Bex and Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rebuilt house is quite nice looking - but what's with the awful horizontal-slat, untreated wooden fence around it? Terribly trendy, I know, but totally inappropriate for a period-style cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So my well constructed - to be painted - timber fence is worse than the crumbling, unmaintained walls and fences around Mt Vic?

    I hope you're not one of those people who thinks that Mt Victoria should be frozen in time and that nothing should ever change... Fences need to be maintained and occasionally replaced. It's ridiculous to suggest that they should always be built in the same style as that that preceded it. Would you have preferred I replicated the original 6' corrugated iron fence that ran down the side of the property? That would be appropriate to the period of the cottage wouldn't it? It would also look like a gang headquarters...

    Everyone else who has commented to me on the fence thinks it looks great. So do I.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew, your argument is full of red herrings. I'm not proposing that you put in a 60's corrugated iron fence or resurrect a crumbling, unmaintained wall. I'm asking that you think about what is appropraite for a period-style property. Why not put in the traditional upright pailing fence which is so characteristic of Mt Vic's older properties? What you've done is completely inappropriate - it's like jamming an elderly lady into a tight pair of jeans. Of course buildings change over time. But that's no reson to make this an excuse for an ill-thought-out addition which sticks out like a sore thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you'll find my argument is not so much full of red herrings but rather full of my own, important, opinion. Your OPINION is that the fence does not match the house. My opinion is that it is a perfectly suitable addition to the neighbourhood. I own the property - therefore - we've built what WE want. To be frank, I don't care what you think about the fence. We like it - and that's all that matters. Your opinion does not.

    It seems that you are one of those people who think Mt Victoria should be frozen in time - which I think is 'completely inappropriate'.

    By all means, carry on looking at my blog if you want to, but I don't think anyone needs any more of your comments.

    ReplyDelete